Monday, July 9, 2007

I love boats...

This weekend I was invited to go on a boat trip up the Bosphorus for Byron's (him and his wife Karen have become friends of mine here) birthday. We got to ride on the U.S. Consulate boat. So I was basically on U.S. soil here in Turkey. Cool, I know! Here are some of my favorite moments of the day...

I think she wants to be just like me when she grows up! But if her parents knew that they would probably freak out, so lets not spread it around!


Being on the water is a nice break from the city.


And I'm proud to be an American...


Karen made an amazing cheese cake...


These are the fun people I spent the day with...


The next couple of weeks I will be working with a team from Florida doing a kids sports camp in a little neighborhood on the Europe side. Pray that everything goes smoothly and we can be a light to the kids and their families.

7 comments:

Epoch Church said...

praying...

Unknown said...

So, how is it that you still look amazing while you're overseas? Because I'm pretty sure when I went overseas I looked awful. But not Whitney Cloud of course. Love ya Whit. Hopefully this comment got you to feel a little uncomfortable, and maybe... just maybe... you are doing your awkward laugh right now.

the McWhorters said...

sounds like hillary knows you almost as good as i do ... i can't believe you only have 3 more weeks! hurry!

Amy Susan said...

It's SO good to see you! Thank you for the update. I'm praying for you Whitney and I cannot wait for you to get home. While talking to Tyler, I told him I miss laughing with you. It's going to be a great year.

Epoch Church said...

happy birthday!

nadaja said...

I pray you find satisfaction and favor in the Lord… Oh, and that your birthday is happy...

Whitney said...

Thanks guys!