Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'm Home!

Sorry it's taken me so long to let you know, but I'm on family vacation (we left about 20 hours after I arrived at the LA airport) and we don't have Internet service. So I'm at a local Starbucks (actually sitting in the car outside because it closed right before we got here) using their Internet. All that to say I'm home and I'm happy!

Leaving Turkey was definitely bitter-sweet. There are so many things and people that I will miss! At the same time I don't feel like that will be the last time I see Turkey. You never know!

Being with my family and Jon is just a really good way of getting back into the swing of things here. I always have so much fun with my family. It's nice because most of the time it feels like I was never gone, like I didn't miss out on a thing with them.

To sum up my feelings right now....I loved my time in Turkey! And I love being home!

This is a picture of my family on vacation (minus my brother of course, he's a workaholic).


P.S. Billy and Elizabeth, I looked everywhere for Settlers and NOBODY has it! I'm still not over it, and I don't know if I'll ever be! I don't know what I'm going to do without it and it's all your fault! Maybe I could make one...I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you're home! And I am even more glad that I will get to see you in like 6 days... ugh... it has been way too long. This better not ever happen again because I don't think I could do it. I mean, its bad enough I had to be away from Carson, and you away from Jon... but for all of us to be so far apart... just plain awful! Never again!

Elizabeth said...

just order it off of Amazon. That's where I got ours. You definitely need to practice!
Love & miss you!

treverhoehne said...

freaking jeeesh!

Andrea and Jeff said...

hey, whitney! i've been thinking of buying Settlers too! when you come to phoenix you can come play it with us! how has the past month been? glad you're home, but i'm sure it's bitter sweet! let us know how you are doing! andrea